As in all Episcopal parishes, the Vestry is the elected governing body of the parish. In addition to the Rector, the Vestry is composed of the Senior and Junior Wardens and nine other members, who represent a broad spectrum of the Grace community. As a whole the Vestry:
- Helps to discern the vision toward which God is drawing Grace Church;
- Articulates and communicates that vision;
- Holds the Grace community accountable for its realization of the vision;
- Keeps the mission of the Church and that of the individual congregation clearly before the parish community.
Broadly speaking, the Vestry also has canonically specified responsibilities for the stewardship of church money and property and for working with the rector on personnel management and program development and oversight. Upon the departure of a rector, the Vestry is also responsible for calling an interim or new rector, with the assent of the bishop.
Members of the Vestry are elected at the Annual Parish Meeting, which is held in January of each year. Vestry members must be communicants of Grace Church and at least 18 years of age. The Vestry meets regularly on the third Monday of each month for two to three hours at Grace House and displays minutes of its meetings in the Undercroft.
Current Vestry Members:
- Yvonne VanLowe, Senior Warden (2023)
- Chris Bedal, Junior Warden (2024)
- Evan Bennett (2023)
- Emily Corbin (2023)
- Bruce Seeman (2023)
- Roger Brown (2024)
- Jen Ray (2024)
- Metty Scarlett-Jones (2024)
- Mike Bader (2025)
- Linda Baily (2025)
- Stephanie Gray (2025)
Recording Secretary: Aileen Moodie
Diocesan Delegates: Paul Brown, Cheryl Peterson; Anne Sheldon; Patsy Lloyd; Matt Lloyd (Alternate)